Post Treatment Aftercare Advice
Our care does not stop at the clinic door!
Our practitioners are always on hand to offer you follow-up appointments, skincare prescriptions and to answer any questions. In fact, we are accessible 24/7 – if you are worried about a treatment side effect, you can call us for emergency access to a STORY doctor.
Simply call our usual number no matter what day or time it is: 020 3960 0134.
If you call outside our clinic hours, select the Emergency Call option. A STORY doctor will then call you back within 12 hours (usually within one hour).
It’s all part of our STORY guarantee.
View our post-treatment advice below, for:
- Wrinkle reduction treatments
- Dermal Filler Treatments
- Skin treatments
Wrinkle Reduction Treatments
- Immediately after treatment you may have a small swelling at the injection site which will reduce within 30 minutes.
- There may occasionally be a small bruise or redness on the injection areas which will resolve within a few days.
- The full effect of wrinkle reduction injections takes up to 30 days but most people start to notice some changes within 5 days and a full result by 14 days.
- If a review is needed this needs to be booked within 4 weeks of treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, exercise and facial massage for 24 hours afterwards as it can lead to flushing of the skin – this can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup directly to the injection sites for 12 hours.
- Avoid taking Ibuprofen or Aspirin for 24 hours as this can lead to bruising.
Dermal Filler Treatments
- You may have some discomfort, swelling and bruising around the area treated- this should resolve within a few days.
- If you notice any areas of skin that become pale or grey in colour or if you are experiencing ongoing and worsening pain, you should seek immediate advice by calling us and requesting an Emergency Call if you ring out of hours. These side effects are very rare but potentially serious and require attention.
- Avoid touching or applying makeup directly to the injection sites for 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol, exercise, aspirin and ibuprofen for at least 24 hours as this can increase the risk of bruising.
Skin Treatments including injectable treatments
- Avoid alcohol, heat, and exercise for at least 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid sun and UV exposure to the treatment area 4 weeks before and after treatment. Exposure can lead to pigmentary changes in the skin.
- Avoid touching or applying make-up to the treatment area for 24 hours.
- Avoid scrubbing the skin and using any products containing active ingredients (e.g. glycolic acid, salicylic acid, retinol) for at least 48 hours.
- Please ensure you keep the treatment area clean – we recommend using a fresh pillowcase after treatment
- You may have some discomfort, swelling, redness, peeling of the skin or bruising around the treatment area(s); this should disappear within a few days.
- If you notice any areas of skin that become blistered, painful or crusted please call us for immediate advice and request an Emergency Call if you ring out of hours.
STORY Aftercare and Emergency Contact
If you are concerned or wish to discuss treatment side effects, please call our patient hotline on 020 3960 0134.
If it is not urgent, you may prefer to email us on email@example.com.
If you require urgent assistance and call us outside our regular clinic hours of 9am-6pm Monday to Saturday, or when we are otherwise closed (on a Bank Holiday, for example), please call this same number – 020 3960 0134 then select the Emergency Call option.
A STORY doctor will then contact you as soon as possible. This is usually within one hour but may take up to 12 hours.